Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Going Green...

There are many cool and interesting things that a person can do to their house to make it...let's say "Different." One of those things is a, "Green Roof." Not just any kind of green roof though, this roof is made with plants. Instead of the everyday tin roof or something like that, the roof actually has plants on it. I find it very interesting because I can only imagine getting the call from the homeowner and driving to the house to see its condition and actually seeing a roof made of plants. I would have a million questions about how efficient it is and if they ever have any problems, it would be interesting to see. However, the roof is said to have an effective draining system, a high-quality waterproofing and root-repellent system and a filter cloth. The roof can be seen at http://realestate.msn.com/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=25424791. This roof will definitely be an option in my future home.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen one of those before and I always wondered if there was any benefit to having plants on the roof other than just looking cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Yeah its weird but it has some benefits too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. new horizon security services richmond va I would like to thank you for your nicely written post, its informative and your writing style encouraged me to read it till end. Thanks

    ReplyDelete